I think I've mentioned this before but I have become a big fan of the Modish blog spin-off Modish Biz Tips. One of today's posts suggests a monthly goal meet up-
"So, this is the 1st Friday of the month. I propose that every 1st Friday of every month, we check in here with each other and announce a list of our monthly business related goals. Eh? Eh? We can meet each other and help each other meet our goals, yeah! :)"
Sounds good to me! I can already feel my pre-show-season stress levels lowering. We have to come up with five so for this month, my goals are:
1. To FOCUS on what I already have going for me product-wise. I've noticed lately with the anticipation of shows starting in May, I am frequently brainstorming on new products I could come up with and hopefully sell. This is ok except that I already do have some that really work for me that I wind up neglecting. So this month, I am going to try to stick with those, build up my inventory and work on perfecting what I already have going for myself.
2. Create a photo book to use as a portfolio of my work
3. Reach out to more publications about possibly featuring my work (or at least research possibilities).
4. Research online advertising options.
5. Figure out a workspace during construction (we are about to starting renovating our apartment and I have not as of yet determined a temporary place to set up shop).
Whew! Ok goals, see you in a month...